Awesome Penetration Testing
A collection of awesome penetration testing resources.
Penetration testing is the practice of launching authorized, simulated attacks against computer systems and their physical infrastructure to expose potential security weaknesses and vulnerabilities.
Your contributions and suggestions are heartily♥ welcome. (✿◕‿◕). Please check the Contributing Guidelines for more details. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
- Anonymity Tools
- Anti-virus Evasion Tools
- CTF Tools
- Collaboration Tools
- Conferences and Events
- Docker Containers
- File Format Analysis Tools
- GNU/Linux Utilities
- Hash Cracking Tools
- Hex Editors
- Industrial Control and SCADA Systems
- Multi-paradigm Frameworks
- Network Tools
- Network Vulnerability Scanners
- OSINT Tools
- Online Resources
- Online Code Samples and Examples
- Online Exploit Development Resources
- Online Lock Picking Resources
- Online Open Sources Intelligence (OSINT) Resources
- Online Operating Systems Resources
- Online Penetration Testing Resources
- Online Social Engineering Resources
- Other Lists Online
- Penetration Testing Report Templates
- Operating System Distributions
- Physical Access Tools
- Reverse Engineering Tools
- Security Education Courses
- Side-channel Tools
- Social Engineering Tools
- Static Analyzers
- Vulnerability Databases
- Web Exploitation
- Android Utilities
- Windows Utilities
- macOS Utilities
- I2P - The Invisible Internet Project.
- Nipe - Script to redirect all traffic from the machine to the Tor network.
- OnionScan - Tool for investigating the Dark Web by finding operational security issues introduced by Tor hidden service operators.
- Tor - Free software and onion routed overlay network that helps you defend against traffic analysis.
- What Every Browser Knows About You - Comprehensive detection page to test your own Web browser's configuration for privacy and identity leaks.
- dos-over-tor - Proof of concept denial of service over Tor stress test tool.
- kalitorify - Transparent proxy through Tor for Kali Linux OS.
Anti-virus Evasion Tools
- AntiVirus Evasion Tool (AVET) - Post-process exploits containing executable files targeted for Windows machines to avoid being recognized by antivirus software.
- CarbonCopy - Tool that creates a spoofed certificate of any online website and signs an Executable for AV evasion.
- Hyperion - Runtime encryptor for 32-bit portable executables ("PE
- Shellter - Dynamic shellcode injection tool, and the first truly dynamic PE infector ever created.
- UniByAv - Simple obfuscator that takes raw shellcode and generates Anti-Virus friendly executables by using a brute-forcable, 32-bit XOR key.
- Veil - Generate metasploit payloads that bypass common anti-virus solutions.
- peCloak.py - Automates the process of hiding a malicious Windows executable from antivirus (AV) detection.
- peCloakCapstone - Multi-platform fork of the peCloak.py automated malware antivirus evasion tool.
- shellsploit - Generates custom shellcode, backdoors, injectors, optionally obfuscates every byte via encoders.
See also DEF CON Suggested Reading.
Defensive Programming Books
Hacker's Handbook Series Books
- Android Hacker's Handbook by Joshua J. Drake et al., 2014
- Car Hacker's Handbook by Craig Smith, 2016
- The Browser Hacker's Handbook by Wade Alcorn et al., 2014
- The Database Hacker's Handbook, David Litchfield et al., 2005
- The Mac Hacker's Handbook by Charlie Miller & Dino Dai Zovi, 2009
- The Mobile Application Hacker's Handbook by Dominic Chell et al., 2015
- The Shellcoder's Handbook by Chris Anley et al., 2007
- The Web Application Hacker's Handbook by D. Stuttard, M. Pinto, 2011
- iOS Hacker's Handbook by Charlie Miller et al., 2012
Lock Picking Books
- Eddie the Wire books
- Keys to the Kingdom by Deviant Ollam, 2012
- Lock Picking: Detail Overkill by Solomon
- Practical Lock Picking by Deviant Ollam, 2012
Malware Analysis Books
- Malware Analyst's Cookbook and DVD by Michael Hale Ligh et al., 2010
- Practical Malware Analysis by Michael Sikorski & Andrew Honig, 2012
- The Art of Memory Forensics by Michael Hale Ligh et al., 2014
Network Analysis Books
- Network Forensics: Tracking Hackers through Cyberspace by Sherri Davidoff & Jonathan Ham, 2012
- Nmap Network Scanning by Gordon Fyodor Lyon, 2009
- Practical Packet Analysis by Chris Sanders, 2011
- Wireshark Network Analysis by by Laura Chappell & Gerald Combs, 2012
Penetration Testing Books
- Advanced Penetration Testing by Wil Allsopp, 2017
- Advanced Penetration Testing for Highly-Secured Environments by Lee Allen, 2012
- Advanced Persistent Threat Hacking: The Art and Science of Hacking Any Organization by Tyler Wrightson, 2014
- Black Hat Python: Python Programming for Hackers and Pentesters by Justin Seitz, 2014
- Btfm: Blue Team Field Manual by Alan J White & Ben Clark, 2017
- Bug Hunter's Diary by Tobias Klein, 2011
- Fuzzing: Brute Force Vulnerability Discovery by Michael Sutton et al., 2007
- Metasploit: The Penetration Tester's Guide by David Kennedy et al., 2011
- Penetration Testing: A Hands-On Introduction to Hacking by Georgia Weidman, 2014
- Penetration Testing: Procedures & Methodologies by EC-Council, 2010
- Professional Penetration Testing by Thomas Wilhelm, 2013
- Rtfm: Red Team Field Manual by Ben Clark, 2014
- The Art of Exploitation by Jon Erickson, 2008
- The Basics of Hacking and Penetration Testing by Patrick Engebretson, 2013
- The Hacker Playbook by Peter Kim, 2014
- Unauthorised Access: Physical Penetration Testing For IT Security Teams by Wil Allsopp, 2010
- Violent Python by TJ O'Connor, 2012
Reverse Engineering Books
- Gray Hat Hacking The Ethical Hacker's Handbook by Daniel Regalado et al., 2015
- Hacking the Xbox by Andrew Huang, 2003
- Practical Reverse Engineering by Bruce Dang et al., 2014
- Reverse Engineering for Beginners by Dennis Yurichev
- The IDA Pro Book by Chris Eagle, 2011
Social Engineering Books
- Ghost in the Wires by Kevin D. Mitnick & William L. Simon, 2011
- No Tech Hacking by Johnny Long & Jack Wiles, 2008
- Social Engineering in IT Security: Tools, Tactics, and Techniques by Sharon Conheady, 2014
- The Art of Deception by Kevin D. Mitnick & William L. Simon, 2002
- The Art of Intrusion by Kevin D. Mitnick & William L. Simon, 2005
- Unmasking the Social Engineer: The Human Element of Security by Christopher Hadnagy, 2014
- Troubleshooting with the Windows Sysinternals Tools by Mark Russinovich & Aaron Margosis, 2016
- Windows Internals by Mark Russinovich et al., 2012
- Pwntools - Rapid exploit development framework built for use in CTFs.
- RsaCtfTool - Decrypt data enciphered using weak RSA keys, and recover private keys from public keys using a variety of automated attacks.
- ctf-tools - Collection of setup scripts to install various security research tools easily and quickly deployable to new machines.
- shellpop - Easily generate sophisticated reverse or bind shell commands to help you save time during penetration tests.
- RedELK - Track and alarm about Blue Team activities while providing better usability in long term offensive operations.
Conferences and Events
- 44Con - Annual Security Conference held in London.
- AppSecUSA - Annual conference organized by OWASP.
- BSides - Framework for organising and holding security conferences.
- BalCCon - Balkan Computer Congress, annually held in Novi Sad, Serbia.
- Black Hat - Annual security conference in Las Vegas.
- BruCON - Annual security conference in Belgium.
- CCC - Annual meeting of the international hacker scene in Germany.
- CHCon - Christchurch Hacker Con, Only South Island of New Zealand hacker con.
- CarolinaCon - Infosec conference, held annually in North Carolina.
- DEF CON - Annual hacker convention in Las Vegas.
- DeepSec - Security Conference in Vienna, Austria.
- DefCamp - Largest Security Conference in Eastern Europe, held annually in Bucharest, Romania.
- DerbyCon - Annual hacker conference based in Louisville.
- Ekoparty - Largest Security Conference in Latin America, held annually in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- FSec - FSec - Croatian Information Security Gathering in Varaždin, Croatia.
- HITB - Deep-knowledge security conference held in Malaysia and The Netherlands.
- Hack.lu - Annual conference held in Luxembourg.
- Hackfest - Largest hacking conference in Canada.
- Infosecurity Europe - Europe's number one information security event, held in London, UK.
- LayerOne - Annual US security conference held every spring in Los Angeles.
- Nullcon - Annual conference in Delhi and Goa, India.
- PhreakNIC - Technology conference held annually in middle Tennessee.
- RSA Conference USA - Annual security conference in San Francisco, California, USA.
- SECUINSIDE - Security Conference in Seoul.
- ShmooCon - Annual US East coast hacker convention.
- SkyDogCon - Technology conference in Nashville.
- SummerCon - One of the oldest hacker conventions, held during Summer.
- Swiss Cyber Storm - Annual security conference in Lucerne, Switzerland.
- ThotCon - Annual US hacker conference held in Chicago.
- Troopers - Annual international IT Security event with workshops held in Heidelberg, Germany.
- Virus Bulletin Conference - Annual conference going to be held in Denver, USA for 2016.
Docker Containers of Intentionally Vulnerable Systems
- Damn Vulnerable Web Application (DVWA) -
docker pull citizenstig/dvwa.
- OWASP Juice Shop -
docker pull bkimminich/juice-shop.
- OWASP Mutillidae II Web Pen-Test Practice Application -
docker pull citizenstig/nowasp.
- OWASP NodeGoat -
docker-compose build && docker-compose up.
- OWASP Security Shepherd -
docker pull ismisepaul/securityshepherd.
- OWASP WebGoat Project 7.1 docker image -
docker pull webgoat/webgoat-7.1.
- OWASP WebGoat Project 8.0 docker image -
docker pull webgoat/webgoat-8.0.
- Vulnerability as a service: Heartbleed -
docker pull hmlio/vaas-cve-2014-0160.
- Vulnerability as a service: SambaCry -
docker pull vulnerables/cve-2017-7494.
- Vulnerability as a service: Shellshock -
docker pull hmlio/vaas-cve-2014-6271.
- Vulnerable WordPress Installation -
docker pull wpscanteam/vulnerablewordpress.
Docker Containers of Penetration Testing Distributions and Tools
- Docker Bench for Security -
docker pull diogomonica/docker-bench-security.
- Official Kali Linux -
docker pull kalilinux/kali-linux-docker.
- Official OWASP ZAP -
docker pull owasp/zap2docker-stable.
- Official WPScan -
docker pull wpscanteam/wpscan.
- Security Ninjas -
docker pull opendns/security-ninjas.
- docker-metasploit -
docker pull phocean/msf.
File Format Analysis Tools
- Hachoir - Python library to view and edit a binary stream as tree of fields and tools for metadata extraction.
- Veles - Binary data visualization and analysis tool.
- Hwacha - Post-exploitation tool to quickly execute payloads via SSH on one or more Linux systems simultaneously.
- LinEnum - Scripted local Linux enumeration and privilege escalation checker useful for auditing a host and during CTF gaming.
- Linux Exploit Suggester - Heuristic reporting on potentially viable exploits for a given GNU/Linux system.
- Lynis - Auditing tool for UNIX-based systems.
- checksec.sh - Shell script designed to test what standard Linux OS and PaX security features are being used.
- unix-privesc-check - Shell script to check for simple privilege escalation vectors on UNIX systems.
Hash Cracking Tools
- BruteForce Wallet - Find the password of an encrypted wallet file (i.e.
- CeWL - Generates custom wordlists by spidering a target's website and collecting unique words.
- Hashcat - The more fast hash cracker.
- JWT Cracker - Simple HS256 JSON Web Token (JWT) token brute force cracker.
- John the Ripper - Fast password cracker.
- Rar Crack - RAR bruteforce cracker.
- StegCracker - Steganography brute-force utility to uncover hidden data inside files.
- 0xED - Native macOS hex editor that supports plug-ins to display custom data types.
- Bless - High quality, full featured, cross-platform graphical hex editor written in Gtk#.
- Frhed - Binary file editor for Windows.
- Hex Fiend - Fast, open source, hex editor for macOS with support for viewing binary diffs.
- HexEdit.js - Browser-based hex editing.
- Hexinator - World's finest (proprietary, commercial) Hex Editor.
- hexedit - Simple, fast, console-based hex editor.
- wxHexEditor - Free GUI hex editor for GNU/Linux, macOS, and Windows.
Industrial Control and SCADA Systems
- Industrial Exploitation Framework (ISF) - Metasploit-like exploit framework based on routersploit designed to target Industrial Control Systems (ICS), SCADA devices, PLC firmware, and more.
- s7scan - Scanner for enumerating Siemens S7 PLCs on a TCP/IP or LLC network.
- Armitage - Java-based GUI front-end for the Metasploit Framework.
- AutoSploit - Automated mass exploiter, which collects target by employing the Shodan.io API and programmatically chooses Metasploit exploit modules based on the Shodan query.
- Decker - Penetration testing orchestration and automation framework, which allows writing declarative, reusable configurations capable of ingesting variables and using outputs of tools it has run as inputs to others.
- Faraday - Multiuser integrated pentesting environment for red teams performing cooperative penetration tests, security audits, and risk assessments.
- Metasploit - Software for offensive security teams to help verify vulnerabilities and manage security assessments.
- Pupy - Cross-platform (Windows, Linux, macOS, Android) remote administration and post-exploitation tool.
- CrackMapExec - Swiss army knife for pentesting networks.
- IKEForce - Command line IPSEC VPN brute forcing tool for Linux that allows group name/ID enumeration and XAUTH brute forcing capabilities.
- Intercepter-NG - Multifunctional network toolkit.
- Legion - Graphical semi-automated discovery and reconnaissance framework based on Python 3 and forked from SPARTA.
- Network-Tools.com - Website offering an interface to numerous basic network utilities like
whois, and more.
- Praeda - Automated multi-function printer data harvester for gathering usable data during security assessments.
- Printer Exploitation Toolkit (PRET) - Tool for printer security testing capable of IP and USB connectivity, fuzzing, and exploitation of PostScript, PJL, and PCL printer language features.
- SPARTA - Graphical interface offering scriptable, configurable access to existing network infrastructure scanning and enumeration tools.
- THC Hydra - Online password cracking tool with built-in support for many network protocols, including HTTP, SMB, FTP, telnet, ICQ, MySQL, LDAP, IMAP, VNC, and more.
- Zarp - Network attack tool centered around the exploitation of local networks.
- dnstwist - Domain name permutation engine for detecting typo squatting, phishing and corporate espionage.
- dsniff - Collection of tools for network auditing and pentesting.
- impacket - Collection of Python classes for working with network protocols.
- routersploit - Open source exploitation framework similar to Metasploit but dedicated to embedded devices.
- rshijack - TCP connection hijacker, Rust rewrite of
- Anevicon - Powerful UDP-based load generator, written in Rust.
- HOIC - Updated version of Low Orbit Ion Cannon, has 'boosters' to get around common counter measures.
- LOIC - Open source network stress tool for Windows.
- Memcrashed - DDoS attack tool for sending forged UDP packets to vulnerable Memcached servers obtained using Shodan API.
- SlowLoris - DoS tool that uses low bandwidth on the attacking side.
- T50 - Faster network stress tool.
- UFONet - Abuses OSI layer 7 HTTP to create/manage 'zombies' and to conduct different attacks using;
POST, multithreading, proxies, origin spoofing methods, cache evasion techniques, etc.
- Cloakify - Textual steganography toolkit that converts any filetype into lists of everyday strings.
- DET - Proof of concept to perform data exfiltration using either single or multiple channel(s) at the same time.
- Iodine - Tunnel IPv4 data through a DNS server; useful for exfiltration from networks where Internet access is firewalled, but DNS queries are allowed.
- TrevorC2 - Client/server tool for masking command and control and data exfiltration through a normally browsable website, not typical HTTP POST requests.
- pwnat - Punches holes in firewalls and NATs.
- tgcd - Simple Unix network utility to extend the accessibility of TCP/IP based network services beyond firewalls.
Network Reconnaissance Tools
- ACLight - Script for advanced discovery of sensitive Privileged Accounts - includes Shadow Admins.
- CloudFail - Unmask server IP addresses hidden behind Cloudflare by searching old database records and detecting misconfigured DNS.
- DNSDumpster - Online DNS recon and search service.
- Mass Scan - TCP port scanner, spews SYN packets asynchronously, scanning entire Internet in under 5 minutes.
- ScanCannon - Python script to quickly enumerate large networks by calling
masscanto quickly identify open ports and then
nmapto gain details on the systems/services on those ports.
- XRay - Network (sub)domain discovery and reconnaissance automation tool.
- dnsenum - Perl script that enumerates DNS information from a domain, attempts zone transfers, performs a brute force dictionary style attack, and then performs reverse look-ups on the results.
- dnsmap - Passive DNS network mapper.
- dnsrecon - DNS enumeration script.
- dnstracer - Determines where a given DNS server gets its information from, and follows the chain of DNS servers.
- fierce - Python3 port of the original
fierce.plDNS reconnaissance tool for locating non-contiguous IP space.
- nmap - Free security scanner for network exploration & security audits.
- passivedns-client - Library and query tool for querying several passive DNS providers.
- passivedns - Network sniffer that logs all DNS server replies for use in a passive DNS setup.
- scanless - Utility for using websites to perform port scans on your behalf so as not to reveal your own IP.
- smbmap - Handy SMB enumeration tool.
- zmap - Open source network scanner that enables researchers to easily perform Internet-wide network studies.
Protocol Analyzers and Sniffers
- Debookee - Simple and powerful network traffic analyzer for macOS.
- Dripcap - Caffeinated packet analyzer.
- Dshell - Network forensic analysis framework.
- Netzob - Reverse engineering, traffic generation and fuzzing of communication protocols.
- Wireshark - Widely-used graphical, cross-platform network protocol analyzer.
- netsniff-ng - Swiss army knife for for network sniffing.
- sniffglue - Secure multithreaded packet sniffer.
- tcpdump/libpcap - Common packet analyzer that runs under the command line.
Network Traffic Replay and Editing Tools
- TraceWrangler - Network capture file toolkit that can edit and merge
pcapngfiles with batch editing features.
- WireEdit - Full stack WYSIWYG pcap editor (requires a free license to edit packets).
- bittwist - Simple yet powerful libpcap-based Ethernet packet generator useful in simulating networking traffic or scenario, testing firewall, IDS, and IPS, and troubleshooting various network problems.
- hping3 - Network tool able to send custom TCP/IP packets.
- pig - GNU/Linux packet crafting tool.
- scapy - Python-based interactive packet manipulation program and library.
- tcpreplay - Suite of free Open Source utilities for editing and replaying previously captured network traffic.
Proxies and Machine-in-the-Middle (MITM) Tools
- BetterCAP - Modular, portable and easily extensible MITM framework.
- Ettercap - Comprehensive, mature suite for machine-in-the-middle attacks.
- Habu - Python utility implementing a variety of network attacks, such as ARP poisoning, DHCP starvation, and more.
- Lambda-Proxy - Utility for testing SQL Injection vulnerabilities on AWS Lambda serverless functions.
- MITMf - Framework for Man-In-The-Middle attacks.
- Morpheus - Automated ettercap TCP/IP Hijacking tool.
- SSH MITM - Intercept SSH connections with a proxy; all plaintext passwords and sessions are logged to disk.
- dnschef - Highly configurable DNS proxy for pentesters.
- evilgrade - Modular framework to take advantage of poor upgrade implementations by injecting fake updates.
- mallory - HTTP/HTTPS proxy over SSH.
- mitmproxy - Interactive TLS-capable intercepting HTTP proxy for penetration testers and software developers.
- oregano - Python module that runs as a machine-in-the-middle (MITM) accepting Tor client requests.
- sylkie - Command line tool and library for testing networks for common address spoofing security vulnerabilities in IPv6 networks using the Neighbor Discovery Protocol.
Transport Layer Security Tools
- SSLyze - Fast and comprehensive TLS/SSL configuration analyzer to help identify security mis-configurations.
- crackpkcs12 - Multithreaded program to crack PKCS#12 files (
.pfxextensions), such as TLS/SSL certificates.
- testssl.sh - Command line tool which checks a server's service on any port for the support of TLS/SSL ciphers, protocols as well as some cryptographic flaws.
- tls_prober - Fingerprint a server's SSL/TLS implementation.
Wireless Network Tools
- Aircrack-ng - Set of tools for auditing wireless networks.
- Airgeddon - Multi-use bash script for Linux systems to audit wireless networks.
- BoopSuite - Suite of tools written in Python for wireless auditing.
- Bully - Implementation of the WPS brute force attack, written in C.
- Cowpatty - Brute-force dictionary attack against WPA-PSK.
- Fluxion - Suite of automated social engineering based WPA attacks.
- KRACK Detector - Detect and prevent KRACK attacks in your network.
- Kismet - Wireless network detector, sniffer, and IDS.
- Reaver - Brute force attack against WiFi Protected Setup.
- WiFi-Pumpkin - Framework for rogue Wi-Fi access point attack.
- Wifite - Automated wireless attack tool.
- infernal-twin - Automated wireless hacking tool.
- krackattacks-scripts - WPA2 Krack attack scripts.
- wifi-arsenal - Resources for Wi-Fi Pentesting.
Network Vulnerability Scanners
- celerystalk - Asynchronous enumeration and vulnerability scanner that "runs all the tools on all the hosts" in a configurable manner.
- Nessus - Commercial vulnerability management, configuration, and compliance assessment platform, sold by Tenable.
- Netsparker Application Security Scanner - Application security scanner to automatically find security flaws.
- Nexpose - Commercial vulnerability and risk management assessment engine that integrates with Metasploit, sold by Rapid7.
- OpenVAS - Free software implementation of the popular Nessus vulnerability assessment system.
- Vuls - Agentless vulnerability scanner for GNU/Linux and FreeBSD, written in Go.
Web Vulnerability Scanners
- ACSTIS - Automated client-side template injection (sandbox escape/bypass) detection for AngularJS.
- Arachni - Scriptable framework for evaluating the security of web applications.
- JCS - Joomla Vulnerability Component Scanner with automatic database updater from exploitdb and packetstorm.
- Netsparker Application Security Scanner - Application security scanner to automatically find security flaws.
- Nikto - Noisy but fast black box web server and web application vulnerability scanner.
- SQLmate - Friend of
sqlmapthat identifies SQLi vulnerabilities based on a given dork and (optional) website.
- SecApps - In-browser web application security testing suite.
- WPScan - Black box WordPress vulnerability scanner.
- Wapiti - Black box web application vulnerability scanner with built-in fuzzer.
- WebReaver - Commercial, graphical web application vulnerability scanner designed for macOS.
- cms-explorer - Reveal the specific modules, plugins, components and themes that various websites powered by content management systems are running.
- joomscan - Joomla vulnerability scanner.
- w3af - Web application attack and audit framework.
- AQUATONE - Subdomain discovery tool utilizing various open sources producing a report that can be used as input to other tools.
- BinGoo - GNU/Linux bash based Bing and Google Dorking Tool.
- Censys - Collects data on hosts and websites through daily ZMap and ZGrab scans.
- DataSploit - OSINT visualizer utilizing Shodan, Censys, Clearbit, EmailHunter, FullContact, and Zoomeye behind the scenes.
- dorkbot - Command-line tool to scan Google (or other) search results for vulnerabilities.
- FOCA (Fingerprinting Organizations with Collected Archives) - Automated document harvester that searches Google, Bing, and DuckDuckGo to find and extrapolate internal company organizational structures.
- GooDork - Command line Google dorking tool.
- Google Hacking Database - Database of Google dorks; can be used for recon.
- GyoiThon - GyoiThon is an Intelligence Gathering tool using Machine Learning.
- Hunter.io - Data broker providing a Web search interface for discovering the email addresses and other organizational details of a company.
- Intrigue - Automated OSINT & Attack Surface discovery framework with powerful API, UI and CLI.
- Maltego - Proprietary software for open source intelligence and forensics, from Paterva.
- OWASP Amass - Subdomain enumeration via scraping, web archives, brute forcing, permutations, reverse DNS sweeping, TLS certificates, passive DNS data sources, etc.
- PacketTotal - Simple, free, high-quality packet capture file analysis facilitating the quick detection of network-borne malware (using Bro and Suricata IDS signatures under the hood).
- Shodan - World's first search engine for Internet-connected devices.
- SimplyEmail - Email recon made fast and easy.
- Sn1per - Automated Pentest Recon Scanner.
- Spiderfoot - Multi-source OSINT automation tool with a Web UI and report visualizations.
- Threat Crowd - Search engine for threats.
- Virus Total - Free service that analyzes suspicious files and URLs and facilitates the quick detection of viruses, worms, trojans, and all kinds of malware.
- ZoomEye - Search engine for cyberspace that lets the user find specific network components.
- creepy - Geolocation OSINT tool.
- dork-cli - Command line Google dork tool.
- dorks - Google hack database automation tool.
- fast-recon - Perform Google dorks against a domain.
- gOSINT - OSINT tool with multiple modules and a telegram scraper.
- github-dorks - CLI tool to scan GitHub repos/organizations for potential sensitive information leaks.
- image-match - Quickly search over billions of images.
- metagoofil - Metadata harvester.
- pagodo - Automate Google Hacking Database scraping.
- recon-ng - Full-featured Web Reconnaissance framework written in Python.
- sn0int - Semi-automatic OSINT framework and package manager.
- snitch - Information gathering via dorks.
- surfraw - Fast UNIX command line interface to a variety of popular WWW search engines.
- theHarvester - E-mail, subdomain and people names harvester.
- vcsmap - Plugin-based tool to scan public version control systems for sensitive information.
- WhatBreach - Search email addresses and discover all known breaches that this email has been seen in, and download the breached database if it is publicly available.
Online Code Samples and Examples
- goHackTools - Hacker tools on Go (Golang).
Online Exploit Development Resources
- Exploit Writing Tutorials - Tutorials on how to develop exploits.
- Shellcode Examples - Shellcodes database.
- Shellcode Tutorial - Tutorial on how to write shellcode.
Online Lock Picking Resources
- /r/lockpicking - Resources for learning lockpicking, equipment recommendations.
- Schuyler Towne channel - Lockpicking videos and security talks.
- bosnianbill - Instructional lockpicking videos made by an expert.
Online Open Sources Intelligence (OSINT) Resources
- CertGraph - Crawls a domain's SSL/TLS certificates for its certificate alternative names.
- GhostProject - Searchable database of billions of cleartext passwords, partially visible for free.
- Intel Techniques - Collection of OSINT tools. Menu on the left can be used to navigate through the categories.
- NetBootcamp OSINT Tools - Collection of OSINT links and custom Web interfaces to other services.
- OSINT Framework - Collection of various OSINT tools broken out by category.
- WiGLE.net - Information about wireless networks world-wide, with user-friendly desktop and web applications.
Online Operating Systems Resources
- DistroWatch.com's Security Category - Website dedicated to talking about, reviewing, and keeping up to date with open source operating systems.
Online Penetration Testing Resources
- InfoSec Institute - IT and security articles.
- MITRE's Adversarial Tactics, Techniques & Common Knowledge (ATT&CK) - Curated knowledge base and model for cyber adversary behavior.
- Metasploit Unleashed - Free Offensive Security Metasploit course.
- Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP) - Worldwide not-for-profit charitable organization focused on improving the security of especially Web-based and Application-layer software.
- PENTEST-WIKI - Free online security knowledge library for pentesters and researchers.
- Penetration Testing Execution Standard (PTES) - Documentation designed to provide a common language and scope for performing and reporting the results of a penetration test.
- Penetration Testing Framework (PTF) - Outline for performing penetration tests compiled as a general framework usable by vulnerability analysts and penetration testers alike.
- XSS-Payloads - Resource dedicated to all things XSS (cross-site), including payloads, tools, games, and documentation.
Social Engineering Resources
- Social Engineering Framework - Information resource for social engineers.
Other Lists Online
- .NET Programming - Software framework for Microsoft Windows platform development.
- Android Exploits - Guide on Android Exploitation and Hacks.
- Android Security - Collection of Android security related resources.
- AppSec - Resources for learning about application security.
- Awesome Awesomness - The List of the Lists.
- Awesome Lockpicking - Awesome guides, tools, and other resources about the security and compromise of locks, safes, and keys.
- Awesome Shodan Queries - Awesome list of useful, funny, and depressing search queries for Shodan.
- Blue Team - Awesome resources, tools, and other shiny things for cybersecurity blue teams.
- C/C++ Programming - One of the main language for open source security tools.
- CTFs - Capture The Flag frameworks, libraries, etc.
- Forensics - Free (mostly open source) forensic analysis tools and resources.
- Hacking - Tutorials, tools, and resources.
- Honeypots - Honeypots, tools, components, and more.
- InfoSec § Hacking challenges - Comprehensive directory of CTFs, wargames, hacking challenge websites, pentest practice lab exercises, and more.
- Infosec - Information security resources for pentesting, forensics, and more.
- Security-related Operating Systems - List of security related operating systems.
- Kali Linux Tools - List of tools present in Kali Linux.
- Malware Analysis - Tools and resources for analysts.
- Node.js Programming by @sindresorhus - Curated list of delightful Node.js packages and resources.
- OSINT - Awesome OSINT list containing great resources.
- PCAP Tools - Tools for processing network traffic.
- Pentest Cheat Sheets - Awesome Pentest Cheat Sheets.
- Python Programming by @svaksha - General Python programming.
- Python Programming by @vinta - General Python programming.
- Python tools for penetration testers - Lots of pentesting tools are written in Python.
- Ruby Programming by @Sdogruyol - The de-facto language for writing exploits.
- Ruby Programming by @dreikanter - The de-facto language for writing exploits.
- Ruby Programming by @markets - The de-facto language for writing exploits.
- SecLists - Collection of multiple types of lists used during security assessments.
- SecTools - Top 125 Network Security Tools.
- Security Talks - Curated list of security conferences.
- Security - Software, libraries, documents, and other resources.
- Serverless Security - Curated list of awesome serverless security resources such as (e)books, articles, whitepapers, blogs and research papers.
- Shell Scripting - Command line frameworks, toolkits, guides and gizmos.
- YARA - YARA rules, tools, and people.
Penetration Testing Report Templates
- Public Pentesting Reports - Curated list of public penetration test reports released by several consulting firms and academic security groups.
- T&VS Pentesting Report Template - Pentest report template provided by Test and Verification Services, Ltd.
- Web Application Security Assessment Report Template - Sample Web application security assessment reporting template provided by Lucideus.
Operating System Distributions
- Android Tamer - Distribution built for Android security professionals that includes tools required for Android security testing.
- ArchStrike - Arch GNU/Linux repository for security professionals and enthusiasts.
- AttifyOS - GNU/Linux distribution focused on tools useful during Internet of Things (IoT) security assessments.
- BackBox - Ubuntu-based distribution for penetration tests and security assessments.
- BlackArch - Arch GNU/Linux-based distribution for penetration testers and security researchers.
- Buscador - GNU/Linux virtual machine that is pre-configured for online investigators.
- Kali - Rolling Debian-based GNU/Linux distribution designed for penetration testing and digital forensics.
- Network Security Toolkit (NST) - Fedora-based GNU/Linux bootable live Operating System designed to provide easy access to best-of-breed open source network security applications.
- Parrot - Distribution similar to Kali, with support for multiple hardware architectures.
- PentestBox - Open source pre-configured portable penetration testing environment for the Windows Operating System.
- The Pentesters Framework - Distro organized around the Penetration Testing Execution Standard (PTES), providing a curated collection of utilities that omits less frequently used utilities.
- 2600: The Hacker Quarterly - American publication about technology and computer "underground" culture.
- Phrack Magazine - By far the longest running hacker zine.
Physical Access Tools
- AT Commands - Use AT commands over an Android device's USB port to rewrite device firmware, bypass security mechanisms, exfiltrate sensitive information, perform screen unlocks, and inject touch events.
- Bash Bunny - Local exploit delivery tool in the form of a USB thumbdrive in which you write payloads in a DSL called BunnyScript.
- LAN Turtle - Covert "USB Ethernet Adapter" that provides remote access, network intelligence gathering, and MITM capabilities when installed in a local network.
- PCILeech - Uses PCIe hardware devices to read and write from the target system memory via Direct Memory Access (DMA) over PCIe.
- Packet Squirrel - Ethernet multi-tool designed to enable covert remote access, painless packet captures, and secure VPN connections with the flip of a switch.
- Poisontap - Siphons cookies, exposes internal (LAN-side) router and installs web backdoor on locked computers.
- Proxmark3 - RFID/NFC cloning, replay, and spoofing toolkit often used for analyzing and attacking proximity cards/readers, wireless keys/keyfobs, and more.
- USB Rubber Ducky - Customizable keystroke injection attack platform masquerading as a USB thumbdrive.
- WiFi Pineapple - Wireless auditing and penetration testing platform.
Reverse Engineering Tools
See also awesome-reversing.
- Capstone - Lightweight multi-platform, multi-architecture disassembly framework.
- Evan's Debugger - OllyDbg-like debugger for GNU/Linux.
- Frida - Dynamic instrumentation toolkit for developers, reverse-engineers, and security researchers.
- Ghidra - Suite of free software reverse engineering tools developed by NSA's Research Directorate originally exposed in WikiLeaks's "Vault 7" publication and now maintained as open source software.
- Immunity Debugger - Powerful way to write exploits and analyze malware.
- Interactive Disassembler (IDA Pro) - Proprietary multi-processor disassembler and debugger for Windows, GNU/Linux, or macOS; also has a free version, IDA Free.
- Medusa - Open source, cross-platform interactive disassembler.
- OllyDbg - x86 debugger for Windows binaries that emphasizes binary code analysis.
- PyREBox - Python scriptable Reverse Engineering sandbox by Cisco-Talos.
- Radare2 - Open source, crossplatform reverse engineering framework.
- UEFITool - UEFI firmware image viewer and editor.
- Voltron - Extensible debugger UI toolkit written in Python.
- WDK/WinDbg - Windows Driver Kit and WinDbg.
- binwalk - Fast, easy to use tool for analyzing, reverse engineering, and extracting firmware images.
- boxxy - Linkable sandbox explorer.
- dnSpy - Tool to reverse engineer .NET assemblies.
- peda - Python Exploit Development Assistance for GDB.
- plasma - Interactive disassembler for x86/ARM/MIPS. Generates indented pseudo-code with colored syntax code.
- pwndbg - GDB plug-in that eases debugging with GDB, with a focus on features needed by low-level software developers, hardware hackers, reverse-engineers, and exploit developers.
- rVMI - Debugger on steroids; inspect userspace processes, kernel drivers, and preboot environments in a single tool.
- x64dbg - Open source x64/x32 debugger for windows.
Security Education Courses
- ARIZONA CYBER WARFARE RANGE - 24x7 live fire exercises for beginners through real world operations; capability for upward progression into the real world of cyber warfare.
- CTF Field Guide - Everything you need to win your next CTF competition.
- Cybrary - Free courses in ethical hacking and advanced penetration testing. Advanced penetration testing courses are based on the book 'Penetration Testing for Highly Secured Environments'.
- European Union Agency for Network and Information Security - ENISA Cyber Security Training material.
- Offensive Security Training - Training from BackTrack/Kali developers.
- Open Security Training - Training material for computer security classes.
- SANS Security Training - Computer Security Training & Certification.
- ChipWhisperer - Complete open-source toolchain for side-channel power analysis and glitching attacks.
Social Engineering Tools
- Beelogger - Tool for generating keylooger.
- Catphish - Tool for phishing and corporate espionage written in Ruby.
- Evilginx2 - Standalone man-in-the-middle attack framework.
- Evilginx - MITM attack framework used for phishing credentials and session cookies from any Web service.
- FiercePhish - Full-fledged phishing framework to manage all phishing engagements.
- Gophish - Open-source phishing framework.
- King Phisher - Phishing campaign toolkit used for creating and managing multiple simultaneous phishing attacks with custom email and server content.
- Modlishka - Flexible and powerful reverse proxy with real-time two-factor authentication.
- ReelPhish - Real-time two-factor phishing tool.
- ShellPhish - Social media site cloner and phishing tool built atop SocialFish.
- Social Engineer Toolkit (SET) - Open source pentesting framework designed for social engineering featuring a number of custom attack vectors to make believable attacks quickly.
- SocialFish - Social media phishing framework that can run on an Android phone or in a Docker container.
- phishery - TLS/SSL enabled Basic Auth credential harvester.
- wifiphisher - Automated phishing attacks against WiFi networks.
- Brakeman - Static analysis security vulnerability scanner for Ruby on Rails applications.
- FindBugs - Free software static analyzer to look for bugs in Java code.
- Progpilot - Static security analysis tool for PHP code.
- RegEx-DoS - Analyzes source code for Regular Expressions susceptible to Denial of Service attacks.
- bandit - Security oriented static analyser for Python code.
- cppcheck - Extensible C/C++ static analyzer focused on finding bugs.
- sobelow - Security-focused static analysis for the Phoenix Framework.
- cwe_checker - Suite of tools built atop the Binary Analysis Platform (BAP) to heuristically detect CWEs in compiled binaries and firmware.
- Bugtraq (BID) - Software security bug identification database compiled from submissions to the SecurityFocus mailing list and other sources, operated by Symantec, Inc.
- CXSecurity - Archive of published CVE and Bugtraq software vulnerabilities cross-referenced with a Google dork database for discovering the listed vulnerability.
- China National Vulnerability Database (CNNVD) - Chinese government-run vulnerability database analoguous to the United States's CVE database hosted by Mitre Corporation.
- Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures (CVE) - Dictionary of common names (i.e., CVE Identifiers) for publicly known security vulnerabilities.
- Distributed Weakness Filing (DWF) - Federated CNA (CVE Number Authority) mirroring MITRE's CVE database and offering additional CVE-equivalent numbers to otherwise out-of-scope vulnerability disclosures.
- Exploit-DB - Non-profit project hosting exploits for software vulnerabilities, provided as a public service by Offensive Security.
- Full-Disclosure - Public, vendor-neutral forum for detailed discussion of vulnerabilities, often publishes details before many other sources.
- HPI-VDB - Aggregator of cross-referenced software vulnerabilities offering free-of-charge API access, provided by the Hasso-Plattner Institute, Potsdam.
- Inj3ct0r - Exploit marketplace and vulnerability information aggregator. (Onion service.)
- Microsoft Security Advisories - Archive of security advisories impacting Microsoft software.
- Microsoft Security Bulletins - Announcements of security issues discovered in Microsoft software, published by the Microsoft Security Response Center (MSRC).
- Mozilla Foundation Security Advisories - Archive of security advisories impacting Mozilla software, including the Firefox Web Browser.
- National Vulnerability Database (NVD) - United States government's National Vulnerability Database provides additional meta-data (CPE, CVSS scoring) of the standard CVE List along with a fine-grained search engine.
- Packet Storm - Compendium of exploits, advisories, tools, and other security-related resources aggregated from across the industry.
- SecuriTeam - Independent source of software vulnerability information.
- US-CERT Vulnerability Notes Database - Summaries, technical details, remediation information, and lists of vendors affected by software vulnerabilities, aggregated by the United States Computer Emergency Response Team (US-CERT).
- Vulnerability Lab - Open forum for security advisories organized by category of exploit target.
- Vulners - Security database of software vulnerabilities.
- Vulmon - Vulnerability search engine with vulnerability intelligence features that conducts full text searches in its database.
- Zero Day Initiative - Bug bounty program with publicly accessible archive of published security advisories, operated by TippingPoint.
- BlindElephant - Web application fingerprinter.
- Browser Exploitation Framework (BeEF) - Command and control server for delivering exploits to commandeered Web browsers.
- Burp Suite - Integrated platform for performing security testing of web applications.
- Commix - Automated all-in-one operating system command injection and exploitation tool.
- DVCS Ripper - Rip web accessible (distributed) version control systems: SVN/GIT/HG/BZR.
- EyeWitness - Tool to take screenshots of websites, provide some server header info, and identify default credentials if possible.
- Fiddler - Free cross-platform web debugging proxy with user-friendly companion tools.
- FuzzDB - Dictionary of attack patterns and primitives for black-box application fault injection and resource discovery.
- GitTools - Automatically find and download Web-accessible
- Kadabra - Automatic LFI exploiter and scanner.
- Kadimus - LFI scan and exploit tool.
- NoSQLmap - Automatic NoSQL injection and database takeover tool.
- OWASP Zed Attack Proxy (ZAP) - Feature-rich, scriptable HTTP intercepting proxy and fuzzer for penetration testing web applications.
- Offensive Web Testing Framework (OWTF) - Python-based framework for pentesting Web applications based on the OWASP Testing Guide.
- Raccoon - High performance offensive security tool for reconnaissance and vulnerability scanning.
- SQLmap - Automatic SQL injection and database takeover tool.
- VHostScan - Virtual host scanner that performs reverse lookups, can be used with pivot tools, detect catch-all scenarios, aliases and dynamic default pages.
- WPSploit - Exploit WordPress-powered websites with Metasploit.
- Wappalyzer - Wappalyzer uncovers the technologies used on websites.
- WhatWaf - Detect and bypass web application firewalls and protection systems.
- WhatWeb - Website fingerprinter.
- Wordpress Exploit Framework - Ruby framework for developing and using modules which aid in the penetration testing of WordPress powered websites and systems.
- autochrome - Easy to install a test browser with all the appropriate setting needed for web application testing with native Burp support, from NCCGroup.
- badtouch - Scriptable network authentication cracker.
- fimap - Find, prepare, audit, exploit and even Google automatically for LFI/RFI bugs.
- liffy - LFI exploitation tool.
- recursebuster - Content discovery tool to perform directory and file bruteforcing.
- sslstrip2 - SSLStrip version to defeat HSTS.
- sslstrip - Demonstration of the HTTPS stripping attacks.
- tplmap - Automatic server-side template injection and Web server takeover tool.
- wafw00f - Identifies and fingerprints Web Application Firewall (WAF) products.
- webscreenshot - Simple script to take screenshots of websites from a list of sites.
- weevely3 - Weaponized PHP-based web shell.
- Android Open Pwn Project (AOPP) - Variant of the Android Open Source Project (AOSP), called Pwnix, is built from the ground up for network hacking and pentesting.
- cSploit - Advanced IT security professional toolkit on Android featuring an integrated Metasploit daemon and MITM capabilities.
- Fing - Network scanning and host enumeration app that performs NetBIOS, UPnP, Bonjour, SNMP, and various other advanced device fingerprinting techniques.
- Active Directory and Privilege Escalation (ADAPE) - Umbrella script that automates numerous useful PowerShell modules to discover security misconfigurations and attempt privilege escalation against Active Directory.
- Bloodhound - Graphical Active Directory trust relationship explorer.
- Commando VM - Automated installation of over 140 Windows software packages for penetration testing and red teaming.
- Covenant - ASP.NET Core application that serves as a collaborative command and control platform for red teamers.
- DeathStar - Python script that uses Empire's RESTful API to automate gaining Domain Admin rights in Active Directory environments.
- Empire - Pure PowerShell post-exploitation agent.
- Fibratus - Tool for exploration and tracing of the Windows kernel.
- LaZagne - Credentials recovery project.
- Magic Unicorn - Shellcode generator for numerous attack vectors, including Microsoft Office macros, PowerShell, HTML applications (HTA), or
certutil(using fake certificates).
- MailSniper - Modular tool for searching through email in a Microsoft Exchange environment, gathering the Global Address List from Outlook Web Access (OWA) and Exchange Web Services (EWS), and more.
- PowerSploit - PowerShell Post-Exploitation Framework.
- RID_ENUM - Python script that can enumerate all users from a Windows Domain Controller and crack those user's passwords using brute-force.
- Responder - Link-Local Multicast Name Resolution (LLMNR), NBT-NS, and mDNS poisoner.
- Ruler - Abuses client-side Outlook features to gain a remote shell on a Microsoft Exchange server.
- SCOMDecrypt - Retrieve and decrypt RunAs credentials stored within Microsoft System Center Operations Manager (SCOM) databases.
- Sysinternals Suite - The Sysinternals Troubleshooting Utilities.
- Windows Credentials Editor - Inspect logon sessions and add, change, list, and delete associated credentials, including Kerberos tickets.
- Windows Exploit Suggester - Detects potential missing patches on the target.
- mimikatz - Credentials extraction tool for Windows operating system.
- redsnarf - Post-exploitation tool for retrieving password hashes and credentials from Windows workstations, servers, and domain controllers.
- wePWNise - Generates architecture independent VBA code to be used in Office documents or templates and automates bypassing application control and exploit mitigation software.
- Bella - Pure Python post-exploitation data mining and remote administration tool for macOS.
- EvilOSX - Modular RAT that uses numerous evasion and exfiltration techniques out-of-the-box.